Sat, Sep 26|
McConnell Field at Wooster High School
First-Ever 5K Dog Walk/Run to Benefit WCHS
Run or walk in-person or virtually to support the pets of WCHS!
Time & Location
Sep 26, 2020, 9:00 AM
McConnell Field at Wooster High School, 851 Oldman Rd, Wooster, OH 44691, USA
About the Event
Two of the Wayne County Humane Society's largest fundraisers, Christmas in July and Paws in the Park Pawty, have been cancelled this year as a result of COVID-19. To help raise much-needed funds, Quinn’s Dog Running has decided to put on a 5K for the benefit of the WCHS!
There are two division options for the 3.1-mile run/walk: a runner-only division and a runner + dog(s) division. A virtual option is also available. If you plan to run or walk with your dog(s), please ensure that your canine companion is up to date on all vaccinations and is properly registered with your local county agency. We are also requesting that you do not use retractable type leashes and keep the leash length to a maximum of 6 ft. Lastly, please pick up your dog’s waste if that does occur at any point prior to, during or after the race. Wooster High School has generously allowed us to have the start / finish on their property and we want to leave the facility and course dog-doo free!
All pre-registered participants are guaranteed a race shirt. All dogs will also get a special treat after the race.
This is not a closed-road course, but there will always be a sidewalk available. The run starts and ends at McConnell Field across from the Wooster High School parking lot on Oldman Rd and loops around on sidewalks / bike paths. We will have turn signs and volunteers located at all the turning points on course.
Social distancing measures are being put in place to ensure the safety of the participants, as well as to ensure that the event can happen. Safety measures will include:
- Face coverings / masks required prior to start and during post-run award ceremony
- During the race, please be respectful if passing by other runners / walkers / volunteers and keep apart by at least 6 ft.
- 6 ft. “physical” distancing between all participants / volunteers / spectator groups Temperature check at packet pickup. Note: packet pickup will be touchless, and we will use a touchless temperature scanner
- Staggered start times (in groups of whatever size is being recommended on race day). We will send an e-mail to the address you use during registration prior to race day once registration closes with your assigned start time / wave.
- No mid-course water station but a bottle of water will be available at the finish line
Runner Only Division:
Top Male and Female Overall
- Top Male and Female Age 8 & Under
- Top Male and Female Age 9-14
- Top Male and Female Age 15-19
- Top Male and Female Age 20-29
- Top Male and Female Age 30-39
- Top Male and Female Age 40-49
- Top Male and Female Age 50-59
- Top Male and Female Age 60-69
- Top Male and Female Age 70 & Over
Runner + Dog Division:
- First, Second and Third Places awarded to the fastest three dogs and their runners!
**Medals provided to award winners and all participants will receive a finisher’s medal
- Parking: Parking available at Wooster High School in their main parking lot on Oldman Rd.
- Packet Pickup & Start Times: Packet pickup begins at 8:00 AM, but please don't arrive any earlier than necessary for your warm-up and to make sure you are on time for your wave start. We will send out your start time once we know the number of registrants and how to divide up the waves. This will ensure maximum social distancing efforts.
- Restrooms: No restroom facility will be on site at the start/finish. There are two restroom facilities nearby but not extremely close to the start line so please plan accordingly. Oak Hill Park is nearby and has restrooms and there are restrooms at the concession stands by the soccer fields on the corner of Burbank and Oldman.
If you would like to support the event, but would prefer to participate virtually, please select the "virtual" ticket option. All race swag will be mailed to you prior to the event. Virtual participants are not eligible for awards.
All proceeds from the race will benefit the Wayne County Humane Society.